Echoes Of Oz is a unique experience created specially for Bradford, because there’s no place like home.
Open daily from 1-9pm from Friday 9th to Sunday 11th October 2015 in City Park, Echoes Of Oz is a fantastic experience for all the family
LIVE AND LIGHT SHOWS – different each day
1.30pm celebrate with us and hundreds of Bradford’s citizens dancing, cycling and parading all around City Park
7pm enjoy the spectacle of light after dark – film, projection, smoke, bubbles, and live music and performance
Friday 9th October
- 1.30pm – 100 children from Bradford’s primary schools will dance and welcome you to Munchkinland – Dorothy has arrived in Oz and Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
- 7pm – Dorothy meets Glinda the Good Witch of the North and starts her journey along the Yellow Brick Road, as Hammonds Saltaire Brass Band and Bradford Youth Brass Band play ‘Over The Rainbow’
Saturday 10th October
- 1.30pm – a field of 100 red poppies is planted by Bradford brownies, cubs, scouts and guides, Emerald Citizens dance a welcome to the Merry Ol Land Of Oz, and the Flying Monkeys cycle into town
- 7pm – with music from the Let’s Sing Choir, fire, smoke and light, the great & powerful Wizard sends Dorothy on her quest to defeat the Wicked Witch
Sunday 11th October
- 1.30pm – the frightening Flying Monkeys are back led by the Wicked Witch – but the Emerald Citizens are here to dance our fears away
- 7pm – the final showdown as we find out how Dorothy’s heart, brains and courage defeat the Wicked Witch, the Wizard leaves town and we all celebrate together with 75 Dorothys because there’s no place like Bradford
PLUS every day from 1-9pm
Come and play on our yellow brick road as it weaves its way through the City Park mirror pool and hop across the stepping stones or squelch on yellow sponges.
Visit Dorothy’s House and watch the windows to see what might be flying through the skies around Bradford, slide down the sparkling Ruby Slipper Slide.
Immerse yourself in the Emerald Yarnstorm as woollen wonders adorn the trees and benches.
Watch the Big Screen to see Bradford citizens celebrated for their Heart, Brains and Courage.
Join in the Echoes Of Oz fun by dressing in the colour of the day!
Friday – Yellow
Saturday – Green
Sunday – Red
(Please note – this programme may be subject to last minute changes. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused.)