We’ve been talking to some older women recently, to get their input into An Odd Occasion. As a woman of a certain age, myself, I’ve been reflecting on what they told me and I’ve come up with a list of 10 top tips for women on getting older.
Please don’t be silly about this – it’s not scientific or anything. It’s New Year’s Eve and I wanted to share some wisdom. Here you go:
1. You don’t have to start wearing beige.
2. Please try to forget about whether it’s ‘inappropriate’.
3. Don’t grieve for chivalry – it’s dead, and that’s not a bad thing.
4. You haven’t ‘had a fall’, you’ve just fallen over – you’ll probably be ok.
5. You can do whatever you want now (nobody’s really looking).
6. Lady Gaga is alright.
7. Yes, fat is still a feminist issue.
8. In fact at this rate we’re going to need quite a few more waves of feminism before we actually achieve equality.
9. No, we’re not sure Beyonce is the answer.
10. Enjoy yourself – it’s later than you think.
Happy New Year!