As well as leading Irregular (Arts), Jenny also delivers freelance consultancy work, alongside holding associate and producer roles with several Yorkshire-based companies.
She is Associate Producer at Chol (Huddersfield), supporting the company through an exciting development period, creating new strategies for communication and audience development, and working with Chol’s Director to develop new projects and partnerships.
Jenny was Producer and Programmer at Bradford Pride festival, a role she has delivered successfully, annually from 2009-2016, to create one of the most popular and colourful events in the city centre of Bradford in celebration of local Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender communities.
Jenny is also currently co-Producer of Cabaret Heaven, who have run infamous cabaret events in West Yorkshire and beyond since the early 1990s. Jenny leads on marketing and audience development for Cabaret Heaven, including all web-based communications, alongside her co-producing role.
Recent consultancy projects include:
– Fund-raising and bid writing for clients including Bradford Council, Bradford Music Hub, Saltaire Festival, Q20 Theatre, Chol Theatre and others;
– Evaluation of Yorkshire based Catalyst funded consortium project ‘Here to Thrive’, with SAA-UK, Chol Theatre, Balbir Singh Dance Company and Fabric (Bradford);
– Audience research for Saltaire Festival 2013, devising and implementing a visitor survey to demonstrate the impact of the Festival for partners and funders
– Organisational and artistic development of The Lamproom Theatre, in Barnsley;
– Organisational and membership review of Audiences NI (Belfast).
From 2007-9, Jenny was Development Director for Network (subsequently Audiences UK), leading a UK-wide partnership of 12 regional audience development agencies and their Audience Data UK programme. Her work saw the organisation through a significant period of development, including authoring a new Business Plan and securing substantial funding from ACE to appoint a new full-time Chief Executive.
Earlier in her career, Jenny was Arts & Festivals Development Manager at Bradford Council, where she was responsible for the development and implementation of District-wide plans for arts and festivals. From 1999-2002 she worked for Audiences Yorkshire managing their ground-breaking South Asian Arts audience development programme, Arts Exchange.